14 January 2008

Alex Awards

American Shaolin: Flying Kicks, Buddhist Monks, and the Legend of Iron Crotch: An Odyssey in the New China by Matthew Polly
Bad Monkeys by Matt Ruff
Essex County Volume 1: Tales from the Farm by Jeff Lemire
Genghis: Birth of an Empire by Conn Iggulden
The God of Animals by Aryn Kyle
A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier by Ishmael Beah
Mister Pip by Lloyd Jones
The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
The Night Birds by Thomas Maltman
The Spellman Files
by Lisa Lutz

1 comment:

Erinello said...

Thanks for posting this! I saw that you were going to post the winners this morning before I left for work, which is why I called today. My kids were excited to hear the news, even though they hadn't read the book. One girl wrote me a note asking if we could have our own Newberry contest in class. So thanks for helping out today!