23 January 2012

Better late than never

Sheesh! Only took me pretty much all day, but I should have all the winners up now. I will come back later and add links and pictures.

I was nursing the Baby when the tweets about winners started coming over my phone. Eeee! It will always be the most excitng day of the year for those of us who love literature for young people. By the time the news that Chris Raschka had won his (well-deserved) THIRD Caldecott, I was spooning yogurt into Little Man's waiting mouth. I gave a Squee! of delight and ran to get Farmy Farm, also by Raschka, which is one of Maxs favorites just so we could share a book by the winner.

I am surprised there was no Coretta Scott King/John Steptoe New Talent Award winner (unless I somehow missed it?).

Okay. Time to gather my patient Little Man and spirit him away for books, bath and bed. I'll enhance the posts as I have time (hopefully all tonight).

No comments: