20 December 2004

Didja miss me?

Assuming I haven't *completely* lost my couple of readers, I guess I should apologize for being so remiss in posting over the past few weeks. I went out of town with Science Boy, to visit my brother and sister in Phoenix. We had a lovely time -- thanks for asking -- despite the fact that we were both sick for much of the trip. One of the highlights was having the chance to see the Geminid Meteor Shower in a significantly darker setting than we are used to. Bee-you-tee-ful! We followed NASA's advice and packed some cocoa, borrowed my brother's Jeep, and headed for a desert-y setting near Lake Pleasant. It was amazing. We counted 131 meteors in just about one hour.

Anyway, now I have mountains of work to catch up on. Sigh. Why can't work temporarily pause while we're away? It almost makes vacations more trouble than they're worth. (ALMOST.)

There were a number of things I thought about blogging over the past few weeks, but I suspect most of them are old news now, so I'll probably just start anew today. We'll see how the day goes....

No comments: