28 May 2007

Clyde Robert Bulla

Prolific author Clyde Robert Bulla died last week at the age of 93. According to the obituary in the LA Times, Mr. Bulla "wrote more than 60 children's books, most fiction but some nonfiction, starting in 1946 with The Donkey Cart."

He once said, "I'm reaching children at very impressionable age levels — third to sixth grade, 8 to 11 years old. I have to be very careful what I write about."

I remember reading his book, The Ghost of Windy Hill when I was in the 2nd or 3rd grade. It was one of my favorite books at the time. I mean, I *really* loved that book! I read it several times, until it was tattered. Maybe I will try to find a copy at the library tomorrow...

There are not many obituaries online (yet), so the one at the LA Times is probably your best bet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog helped me to finally find a book I have been trying to find for only oh 15 years!!!
Thank you for posting the cover, it immediately allowed me to ID the story I have been trying to find.
THANK YOU!