15 August 2013

Slightly uncomfortable credit claiming

I have recently had a very cool quote appear on my Facebook feed a number of times. Various parenting sites are reposting the picture and it always gets a number of shares and "likes," thus helping it spread more.
 
 
Everytime I see it, I smile, but I am every so slightly unnerved, too. Why? Because this is my work, uncredited, and appearing in a number of places. I cannot lay claim to the words - I read this quote and loved it somewhere else. However, I did choose the colors, design, and layout that appear on my facebook feed with some regularity. I worked on it for a while before I was satisfied with the look. I love it. The picture I posted above is the one I pinned of the finished product -- printed, framed, and hanging in my home.
 
Where I guess I went wrong is posting the original artwork to a "share" site on Shutterfly. I gave the link to a few people and it was shared and, about 18 months later, it seems to be everywhere.
 
Mostly, I think it's pretty awesome that people like the design. A teeny part of me wishes I had included a statement of credit on the bottom of the original art, just so people know that I made this. After another friend shared that this was on her feed tonight, I decided to blog about it so there's at least some record somewhere, even if I am the only one who knows or cares.
 
(And, I guess since it's already been shared in so many places by so many people, there is no harm in sharing the original link to the artwork with my Readers.

No comments: