22 October 2007

It's a girl!

It's a girl!

My brother, Will, and his wife, Darcie, welcomed Miss Payton Raine Kalweit to the family last night at 6:05 p.m. I told my brother, Jim, that the Bears would win and that Payton would be born during a spectacular, last-second, game-winning touchdown...

Did I call that or what?

Payton weighed in at 6 pounds, 15 ounces and is 19.75" long. Her big brother, Anthony, is enchanted by her. I am looking forward to heading to Munster Community Hospital tonight to meet the child and to assure her that I will *not* let her Uncle Jim call her Moose (after Muhsin Muhammad, who caught the TD). Yay!

Our beloved Grandpa Kalweit died 19 years ago yesterday. Having Payton join us on the same date gives us something to celebrate on October 21st! Huzzah!

(And, Bonus: Jim is probably coming to town next week. It's nice to have good stuff goin' on!)

This is Payton less than an hour after she arrived:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is especially cute, in that tiny squashy baby way. Oh, and who set darcie's myspace mood to "sick"? :)

Miss Katharine said...

She really *is* way cute, Dude! I didn't even notice Darce's myspace mood. Ha!