14 March 2011

Week 27: Hello, Third Trimester!

How Far Along?

27 weeks yesterday. Only 90 days (or so) to go!

Appts coming up?
I get to take the 1-hour glucose test tomorrow to rule out gestational diabetes. I hear it's time consuming and yucky-tasting. Yay.

Thoughts about where you're at in your pregnancy?
Excited to be in the third trimester, although June still seems far away.


What are you working on?
Figuring out when we will have the nursery painted and what needs to be done before then (i.e., moving the cat's litter box, switching dressers, finding a new home for the desktop computer...). Really want to have it painted before our "friends/couples" shower on April 10, which will be held at the house. Trying NOT to stalk our registries now that baby shower invitations have gone out.

Non-Baby related, I need to get back on track with my 101 things in 1001 Days list. I also have about 3 book reviews to write and post here. Eventually. Also hoping to buy a gift for my sister-in-law K's baby shower sometime this week. And need to get to CPL to renew my card.


Complaints or worries?
A few days ago started getting heartburn for the first time in my life. In fact, I wasn't even sure what it was at first! Some Maalox helped and it hasn't been a constant/every day issue. A little sore when I sleep. But, seriously? Overall, I have no pregnancy related complaints. If this Baby is as good once he's here as he is now, we will be so lucky! 

Non-pregnancy related, I got a crappy pedicure the other day that left me with a few cuts on my feet. Ugh.


Cravings?
Not so much.

Happy moments/blessings?
There have been so many these past few weeks!

Just a few:

I have the best Sweetheart ever. I have amazing, generous friends who are planning a couples/friends shower for us after the one originally planned fell apart. I have a wonderful mother-in-law and stepmother who have planned a lovely shower for family/family friends at a local teahouse. One of J's closest friends came to visit on Fat Tuesday and a lovely time was had by all. The furniture exchanged our 3-month-old couches with no trouble at all. WOrked a few more hours than usual, so nice check coming on Wednesday. I ordered a $90 diaper bag I have had my eye on for only $45 today. I was able to spend some time with my nieces nd nephew this past week. It's a beautiful day and one of my pre-pregnancy sundresses still fits (it was a little big before) so I am wearing a dress today!

Any fun things coming up?
Hoping to get to CPL this week to renew my library card. Chilling with my Sweetheart while he's off work. Not "fun," but glad our puppy is getting surgery on his nails tomorrow so that it is done.

No comments: