30 March 2004

Kingdom Hospital not faring well

BBC News reports that Stephen King's Kingdom Hospital is ailing in the ratings. That's a shame; it looked good.

Then again, I am probably fairly representative of the reason it ain't doing so well. I am rarely home on Wednesday evenings, so I decided to tape it. (Possibly unneccessary digression: I love Stephen King. Yes, I confess. I think he's highly underrated and that time will vindicate him. There. I said it, and I'm glad.)

ANYway... I taped it the first week, and then couldn't find time to watch it. The next week, I worked late and forgot to set the VCR. Rats! At that point, I figured, Well, what the heck? No doubt it'll be on DVD some time soon...

Sigh. The BBC reports, "Despite a promising debut, the show steadily lost viewers and pulled in an audience of 5.6 million last week."

Mea culpa. I hope he doesn't just drop it... I'm still wondering how The Plant ends. (For the record, I paid for that every installment -- 2 copies, in fact, one for me and one for my library.)

No comments: