22 March 2004

R.I.P. Odysseus

Today, the great big heart of my beloved purple car gave out for good.

Sigh.

Actually, not to make too big a deal out of, what was, after all, a car, for cryin' out loud, I was pretty darned sad when I realized that I would have to buy a new car. NOT just because of the strain on my checkbook, but...

Odysseus and I have had some adventures together. 152,000+ miles worth of adventure, which is what led to today's sudden demise. The engine just wore out.

Yeah, I could have had him fixed for a mere $3000, but when would the trans go? Better to let go as gracefully as I could.

Still, it sucks. :'-(

No 'blogging from me for a few days. Tomorrow, I am heading to Starved Rock for the first in a series of programs for Synergy, which is why a new car was imperative. By the time I get home, I guess I'll know the new car well enough to have named him.

No comments: