07 February 2004

I hope this isn't gonna be a depressing 'blog day...



I was also sad to hear the other day that the police have officially moved the search for Diamond and Tionda Bradley to the cold case file. I know that maybe this isn't fair, but I have to wonder: if the children had come from a family that was part of the racial "majority" or was in a higher socio-economic class, would the search have been more successful? I don't mean to imply that the police in Chicago did not search hard for them. It's just that Elizabeth Smart disappeared less than a year later and had national media attention throughout her ordeal. Maybe the same immediate, constant, national media attention could have helped the Bradley sisters?

By the way, the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has created age-progressed photos to show what the girls might look like today.

No comments: