03 February 2004

I miss my sister

I called my baby sister in Arizona last night to remind her to vote today. I miss her! She told me something that touched me deeply. After she moved, there was a period of time when we didn't talk. I called her a few times, sent her a few letters, but she didn't respond. My feelings were hurt, so I just gave up.

As time passed, she was afraid I would be mad at her and didn't call because she was afraid. The whole thing was a very screwed up circle of hurt. We resolved things when she came home for Christmas and have never let it become bad again.

Last night, though, she told me that during that time, she would visit my webpage a lot, especially the list of things that make me happy. She was afraid that I would have taken her off the list or that I would have added something like, "I'm happy I don't have to go to Arizona to see Jo!"

When she told me this, I was moved that she cared so much. I told her that, even though my feelings were hurt, I never hated her! I wasn't even really mad at her. Just some hurt.

I love her very much. We have been through a lot together, but I think we will always come through, our bond even stronger than before. I am so proud of her: she is strong and beautiful and confident and kind and thinks for herself.

No comments: