03 February 2004

Wow!

Well, I have been listening to Larry Long's album, Well May The World Go, all day so I added some links to some of the performers I have come to love over the years because of the Woody Guthrie Folk Music Festival.

While I was looking for links, I found out about a fantabulous show that is coming to the Centre East Theater in Skokie on May 8th. "Glory Bound" will feature Josh White, Jr., Odetta, and Oscar Brand. (This must be a fairly recent change, since White's page says Ramblin' Jack Elliott plays with Josh and Odetta. Damn! That would have been unbelievable!)

They will be singing the songs of Leadbelly, Josh White, and Arlo Guthrie (or Woody, which seems way more likely, depending on which website you believe).

Of course, I bought tickets right away! Wow!

No comments: