26 April 2004

Huzzah! and Hooray! Oh Frabjuous Day!

I love being a librarian so much that I just basically consider my whole life one big perk. However, every once in a while you get a small extra-special perk from being the Director of Youth Services.

Today, I got one.

I was getting ready to leave job #1 to head to job #2 (last day there -- but that's another post) when I noticed that a small package, one book maximum, had come in from our book dealer on our YA account. I am always eager to open the new book boxes... It ever feels like Christmas to me!

ANYway, I opened the book kind of absent-mindedly as I walked back to the office. And there, in my hands, was...

(dramatic drum roll)...

Vote for Larry by Janet Tashjian!

I have been waiting for this book since the first moment I finished The Gospel According to Larry and sat in stunned silence, aware that I had just read one of those rare books that has the potential to change the world if we but listen...

Needless to say, the new book is in my knapsack now. I will be forsaking all sleep, no matter how sweetly Morpheus whispers and cajoles until I have read it. (Or, more realistically, until my eyes are so tired they feel like they are gonna fall out. Mightn't take too long!) It will definitely be finished by tomorrow so I can get it to Tech Services, have it on the shelf, and start selling it to impressionable young people!

No comments: