12 April 2004

tradition

Over the past few years, receiving an Easter egg from The Boy has become one of my favorite Easter traditions. It began, I guess, three years ago, when The Boy was 10. His mother has always let the children decorate an egg for everyone in the family. That year, I noticed that the egg he gave me was decorated with the Green Lantern's insignia (and even a portion of his oath).

The next year, I received a Woody Guthrie egg, complete with a Woody-style drawing of a guitar. Last year's egg was peace-themed. I never want to eat the eggs, thus ruining the art, but at some point, it's eat them or throw them out. Sadly, the pictures I have tried to take never turn out.

When The Boy gave me my egg after church yesterday morning, I was excited, but I tucked it into my purse. When I got home, I carefully unwrapped it to find...

...one of the Mac Nac Feegle (aka the Wee Free Men)! Yay!

Have I mentioned that I utterly adore The Boy beyond all reason?

No comments: