29 January 2004

Getting to know me...

Thanks to the Tiny Little Librarian, from whom I stole this list (and the clever headline I used, that's hers, too).

1. Last song you sang: “Way Over Yonder in the Minor Key”

2. Last person you hugged: The Boy

3. Last thing you laughed at: A Right to be Hostile

4. Last time you said I love you: On the phone last night

5. What's in your CD player? I am very embarrassed to admit it, but The Booty Don’t Stop

6. What color socks are you wearing? black

7. What's under your bed? dust bunnies

8. What time did you wake up today? 6 a.m. for good, but really, I was up half the night coughing

9. Current clothing: red ribbed sweaters, black pinstriped slacks, Doc Marten wedges

10. Current worry: staff issues

11. Current desktop picture: work – my nephew and me; home - a picture of Lily, Queen of All Wild Things

12. Story behind your user name: one of my nicknames is Kat, a friend’s sister started calling me “kitten” since she said I wasn’t tall enough to be a full-grown cat, I love books, voila!

13. Last CD bought: Number Ones by Michael Jackson

14. If you could play an instrument, what would it be? acoustic guitar

15. Favorite colors: I can’t choose; I truly love them all!

16. How tall are you? 5-4

17. Favorite book: way too many to list, but two up at the top of my list are The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery (the version translated by Katherine Woods, not the new, crappy one!) and The Portable Thoreau

18. Favorite season: autumn

19. One person from your past you wish you could go back and talk to: no one, really

20. Favorite day of the week: depends on the week

21. Where would you like to go? Lots of places! I’d like to get back to Concord, MA soon. I want to go to Ireland, Italy, Wyoming… I’m looking forward to Okemah, OK in five months. Basically, I’ll go anywhere!

22. Type a line you remember from any book: "Where’s Papa going with that axe?”

23. A random lyric: "Love you forever and forever, love you with all my heart. Love you whenever we’re together, love you when we’re apart." Always reminds me of my nephew. (Lennon/McCartney, “I Will”)

24. Identify some things surrounding your computer: at work, not much. But I do have original artwork by William Steig hanging just behind where I sit. Does that count?

25. What do you want to be doing right now? Sleeping!

26. Favorite movie: It’s a Wonderful Life (I think)

27. Last movie seen: at show, Mystic River; on DVD, Freaky Friday

28. Who is your hero? A few: Thoreau, Dr. King, Woody Guthrie, Pete Seeger, my sister

29: What are you reading? Big Fish by Daniel Wallace

30. Favorite board game: Trivial Pursuit

31. Chocolate or vanilla? Usually vanilla, but Breyer’s natural, not french

32. Zodiac sign: Cancer

33. If you could dye your hair any color? Cotton Candy Pink – it’s the one color I’d like that I haven’t yet done… (And probably won't do, since I do not think I could pull it off!)

34. If you could have any job you wanted, what would it be: Mom. (Although, in the meantime, I love my current job.)

No comments: