25 April 2007

Only 6? Hmm...

My friend, Clare, over at Semi-Evil Squirrel tagged me with a meme a while back, one that I am finally getting to. (Confession: I don't really get the whole meme thing. I don't know what it means, if anything.) So I guess the point is to post 6 "weird" random facts about yourself and then tag other people. So, without further ado:

6 WEIRD THINGS ABOUT ME

  1. I talk to myself and, more alarmingly, to inanimate objects, quite often. It is not uncommon for SB to remark that I don't have to talk to the computer out loud. (But I do!)
  2. I used to have crushes on Roy Blount, Jr. and Randy Newman. I think it was their voices and wit and sarcasm that made them so appealing. But, crushing on middle-aged Southern White Boys? *SO* not me. That one even weirds me out a bit!
  3. One of my favorite German treats is Haakepeter: raw ground beef, raw eggs, raw onion, salt and pepper all combined and served on a good rye bread. Yum!
  4. At meetings, in classes, in church, etc.... Whenever possible, I sit by the door, especially if the door is in the back. If the door is in the front, I try to sit in the back seat closest to the door. My reasoning is that, should I need to leave the room during whatever activity is happening, I will be relatively unnoticeable.
  5. There is a photo of Kurt Vonnegut at work, hanging in a meeting room I pass through quite often. Whenever I walk by it, as long as no one is in the room, I kiss my finger and touch the frame lightly as I walk by. If there are people there, I just think, "God damn it. You've got to be kind," to remind myself.
  6. I love, love, love watermelon! Ice cold watermelon, any day of the year is one of my favorite things on the planet. However, I LOATHE anything that is watermelon-flavored. Has to be real watermelon or I cannot stand it.

So... there ya have it. I'm supposed to tag six more people... If you want to play, consider yourself tagged. (ACTually, I will offically tag one person: The Boy.)

1 comment:

Carlee said...

Woohoo! Thanks for doing the meme. I don't really get where the term "meme" came from, but every once in a while someone will tag me with one that I feel inclined to complete.

So I'm curious about the raw ground beef. How do you not get sick? Inquiring minds want to know. ;P