08 May 2011

35/35

How Far Along?

it's the fabled 35/35 today - 35 weeks pregnant and 35 days to go! (Well, more or less, depending on Tex.)

Appts coming up?
Twice weekly fetal non-stress tests. That's it this week.

Thoughts about where you're at in your pregnancy?
Love feeling Tex kick and move. I have loved being pregnant, but can't wait to meet our Baby!

What are you working on?
I am moving the cat's food out of the Baby's room this afternoon and having my Sweetheart move the littlerbox, too. We had hoped to get furniture moved this week, but it may have to wait now, depending on what else is going on.

Complaints or worries?
Nothing pregnancy related. Some unavoidable stress/sadness as we accept that we may be saying goodbye to a loved one sooner than hoped.


Cravings?
I have been on a burger kick, specifically Wendy's jr. bacon cheeseburger (with no cheese). I've been pretty good about not giving in much).

Happy moments/blessings?
Always more than I can count (though I was just thinking that blessings are not always synonymous with happy moments). Spent some time with Grammy on Monday. Had our first childbirth education class on Wednesday night, which was pretty awesome. I am lucky to have a husband who is not ony amazing but who has taken the reigns in terms of researching and educating himself. (And who told the class how lucky he is to have a good wife!)

Friday night, I had the opportunity to see Mo Willems deliver the Zena Sutherland lecture at the Chicago Public Library. Not only was he hilarious and brilliant but - even better - I got to see many CPL friends I have been missing. I got so many hugs and so much love that I felt really special. Of course, I was forced to forgo the mountain of yummy (mostly mold-ripened) fancy cheeses offered, but the company more than made up for it. (Have I mentioned how much I miss my team?) Also had a chance to chat with the woman who filled my position at CPL and am glad to see that she seems very competant and that the program is going well.

Saturday was a day when blessings were not always happy. Well, the breastfeeding class I attended was amazing and I met a mama who is having a caesarean 3 days after Tex is due, so we are hoping we may be at the hospital together, so that part was happy. However, my beloved Gram also went into the hospital and does not seem to be doing very well. I visited with her last night and we had a long, important talk. Whatever happens now, I have no regret at all. I am confident that she knows how much I love her and I know that she has always loved me. The nurse let me stay well past visiting hours had ended, which was nice. Having that time with her, even just holding her hand or rubbing her back while she vomited was truly a blessing that I will cherish.


On a happier note, this morning, my Sweetheart came home with a beautiful bouquet of Mother's Day flowers for me this morning. He really is a keeper!

Any fun things coming up?
I hope to visit Gram tonight, depending on how many visitors she has and how worn Tuesday, I have the next NST and some time with my Sweetheart. Also Gram's birthday so we'll see if visiting her is possible. Wednesday with my Sweetheart and childbirth ed class. My brother, Jim, is hoping to come from Phoenix toward the end of the week, so that would be nice (even if it is sad that Gram's poor health is what beckons). I am sure there is more, but my brain isn't working well right now. (Big shock, I am sure!) Heading to church now to get hugs from my favorite teeny nieces!

No comments: