03 May 2011

Happy 92nd Birthday...

...to the amazing Pete Seeger! I can't wait to introduce Tex to the cd American Folk Game & Activity Songs for Children and to sing Baby "Union Maid."

Pete has been a personal hero of mine for many years and I will never forget the time my sister and I were lucky enough to encounter him in Okemah, Oklahoma at the Woody Guthrie Folk Music Festival.



Thank you for all the beautiful music you have shared with us and for the fights you so bravely fought - against racism, McCarthyism, environmental damage - and for reminding us that EVERYONE can lift his or her voice in song!

"I feel that in my whole life I have never done anything of any conspiratorial nature and I resent very much and very deeply the implication of being called before this Committee that in some way because my opinions may be different from yours, that I am any less of an American than anyone else." (Pete Seeger)

No comments: